Choosing signature finishes and bespoke paint colours for oak kitchens
Here at Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets we offer a range of cabinet door finishes. From sanded to lacquered to painted, and in a variety of house ‘styles’ – such as Shaker and Traditional – these frontals are a fantastic finishing touch for oak kitchens.
Frontal finishes from our signature range
Our beautiful ‘Signature’ range forms the core of our collection, and features our six most popular finishes. First, you may wish to opt for a sanded option, which enables you to add a finish or treatment of your choosing. Next, we offer a hard-wearing lacquer finish for frontals; this is the same finish used for our solid oak cabinet units, allowing the two to blend together seamlessly. Finally, our ‘Signature’ range comprises four paint colours from our manufacturers of choice, Farrow & Ball, and includes: New White, All White, Mizzle and Parma Gray.
Bespoke cabinet door colours
If you would prefer to choose a paint colour from outside our ‘Signature’ range, we have a number of bespoke options available. Our extensive selection of ‘Bespoke’ finishes encompasses Farrow & Ball’s entire collection of beautiful, high-quality paints.
If you prefer gentle pastels, shades such as Farrow’s Cream, Pale Powder and Light Blue are wonderfully delicate, and – thanks to their unimposing nature – are ideal for painting entire kitchens with.
For a slightly stronger statement, you may prefer to opt for accent colours like Pigeon, Elephant’s Breath or Vert De Terre. These paints look excellent when standing alone, but are also easily paired with other complementary colours.
If you like to be bold, Farrow & Ball offer a striking collection of bright colours for added dramatic impact, such as Charlotte’s Locks, St Giles Blue and Brinjal.
Whilst our ‘Signature’ range of painted doors are kept in stock at all times, please note that cabinet frontals with bespoke colours choices incur a small surcharge and a slightly-extended lead time.
How to select your finish of choice
To pick your preferred finish when ordering your cabinet frontals with units online, simply follow these steps:
- Hover your cursor over the ‘Solid Oak Kitchens’ tab on our homepage.
- Select the type of cabinet unit you would like to order.
- Click the green ‘Buy Cabinets with Doors’ button.
- Choose whether you would like ‘Shaker’ or ‘Traditional’ door styles.
- Select whether you would like a frontal finish from our ‘Signature’ or ‘Bespoke’ range.
- Click on any colour swatch to see it applied to your cabinet frontal.
- Once you have picked the finish you would like, click ‘Buy’ beside the swatch of your choosing.
- If you opt to order a ‘Bespoke’ option from Farrow & Ball’s impressive range, you will need to specify the paint colour name in the ’Order Notes’ section at checkout.
- You will now be asked to pick from a selection of drawer styles, should you require them for any of the units you would like to order. If you do not wish to select them yet, simply click the grey ‘I will select later’ button at the bottom of the page.
- You are now presented with a collection of units (either base or wall, depending on which you opted for at the beginning) with the finish you have selected; explore the page and add the ones you would like to your cart.
To select a finish when ordering cabinet doors only:
- On the homepage, hover over the ‘Solid Oak Kitchen Doors’ tab.
- Click the blue ‘Buy Cabinet Doors Only’ button.
- Choose between ‘Traditional’ and ‘Shaker’ door styles.
- Choose your preferred finish from our range.
- If you select the ‘Bespoke’ option, simply specify the paint colour name in the ’Order Notes’ section at checkout.
- Select the type of door and dimensions you require, then type the quantities needed beside the item and click ‘Purchase Items’ at the bottom of the page.
If ordering over the telephone, simply specify your finish of choice when you speak with a member of our sales team.
With our helpful cabinet frontal sample service you can discover the high quality of our solid oak and the meticulous finish of our cabinet doors, all from the comfort of your own home. These miniature replica frontals measure 355mm (H) x 296mm (W) and are available in Traditional or Shaker styles, and in any finish.
About Farrow & Ball paints
Both our ‘Signature’ range and our bespoke collection consist of only the finest-quality, environmentally-friendly paints. These paints are water-based and low-VOC (volatile organic compounds), making them the perfect choice for a home environment.
All painted frontals are meticulously finished in such a manner as to coat the wood’s grain without disguising it, displaying the beautiful characteristics that contribute to the sought-after appearance of solid oak.
If you would like to place an order for solid oak cabinets, frontals or samples, please do not hesitate to contact us by telephoning 0345 22 22 990 or emailing email@example.com.