How to Clean Solid Oak Kitchen Cabinets
To keep your solid wood kitchen cabinets in prime condition, they will require some cleaning to look their best. Follow these simple instructions and your solid oak kitchen cabinets will last for many years to come.
Our cabinets are fully sanded to a smooth finish, after which a hard-wearing lacquer is applied, meaning that – unless damaged or incorrectly installed – our cabinets should require little future maintenance.
To keep them beautifully clean, just follow these steps:
1) Start by removing all of your products, dinnerware and anything else that might be in the cabinet. These items will also require cleaning before being put back into the cabinet, so as not to void any of your hard work once the cabinet itself is clean.
2) Once the cabinet is empty, you will want to mix up a solution of warm, soapy water to clean the cabinets with. We suggest using a mixture of 5% liquid soap and 95% water, without the addition of any aggressive cleaning products.
3) With a slightly damp micro-fibre cloth, wipe over all surfaces of the cabinets (don’t forget tops and undersides if these units are wall-mounted). You may need to rinse the cloth between wiping individual sides if they are particularly dusty.
4) Next, use a soft micro-fibre cloth to dry the surface, paying special attention in order to follow the grain direction of the timber panels.
5) Once the cabinet surfaces are dry, you can place your items back in the cabinet and move onto the next one.
If you need to remove stains or grime from your cabinet, there are two methods that we recommend (utilising natural ingredients only).