How to Use Our Kitchen Style Tool to Design Oak Kitchens
When commencing work on the design of your new oak kitchen, you may find it tricky to visualise the ‘finished’ article: and, most particularly, how all the elements will eventually come together. In addition, you might be keen to see whether different features and colours that you like would complement one another once in situ. With this in mind, we decided to introduce our fabulous Kitchen Style Tool: this handy tool makes it easy for customers to create their dream oak kitchens with just a few clicks of a mouse.
So, how do you use it?
1. First, select your preferred cabinet doors by clicking the ‘Doors’ tab on the bottom left. The menu will allow you to select Shaker or Traditional frontals, following which you are able to choose from a selection of 22 colour options. These include a lacquered finish, as well as a broad range of popular colour choices from expert paint manufacturer Farrow & Ball
2. Click on the next tab and a selection of handle and knob options will be shown, encompassing a variety of different styles. Whether you prefer a modern bar handle or a more traditional lacquered oak knob, the tool will help you to visualise the overall impact of each selection within your oak kitchen.
3. Next, you get to pick your worktops! We have five timber options available here: Luxurious black oak, traditional golden oak, rosy and mellow beech, rich bronze iroko and warm and distinctive walnut. Although not a worktop we sell, clean white Avonite Kokoura has also been included to assist those looking for cabinetry to match existing worktops. Try experimenting with different cabinet colours and worktops – you’ll be surprised at the difference just a few small tweaks can make!
4. Following this, you are able to change the style of flooring to replicate the floor covering you already have – or what you are planning to buy. Different materials and shades of flooring can have a big impact on the style of your kitchen, so it’s worth trialling different options on the Style Tool. Flooring options include tiles in black slate or travertine, and planks of traditional oak, white oak, and dark oak.
5. Finally, for the finishing touch, you can select from 15 paint colours from Farrow & Ball, or alternatively opt for a white textured wallpaper. Different colours can affect the atmosphere in the room in different ways, so it’s great to consider which mood you wish to convey when looking at gentle Clunch, energetic Charlotte’s Lock, or sumptuous Brinjal.
If you’re not completely satisfied with the design for your new solid oak kitchen, you can go back at any point to change your chosen elements, simply by clicking on the relevant tab. All the cabinetry, worktops and handles you see are available to buy on our website, and any components you have selected are listed at the bottom of the Kitchen Style Tool page.
If you like what you see, you may like to try out our online sample service, too! We offer both solid wood worktop samples and miniature replica cabinet frontals, allowing you to experience the outstanding quality on offer first-hand. Remember, you can even redeem the cost of your sample if you decide to place an order with us.
To get in touch, please telephone us on 0345 22 22 990, or email us at . We hope to hear from you soon!