Our solid wood kitchen cabinets are supplied fully finished. Each panel is sanded until silky smooth, and then machine coated with our innovative lacquer. A huge benefit of this finish is that the surface will require little or zero maintenance in the future.
- Only clean the product using a 5% soap, 95% water (liquid soap) solution. Wipe with a damp (not wet) cloth, before drying with a clean, soft cloth. Only dust with a soft cloth, and try to always follow the natural grain direction of the timber panel.
- Any immediate spillages, splashes or stains should be wiped up without delay, using a damp cloth.
- Never use abrasive or aggressive cleaners, chlorine based cleaners (hypochlorite), bleach, multi-purpose cleaners, alcohol, acetone, solvent or similar products as this may damage the surface.
- In the unlikely event that fingerprints or touch marks do appear on the surface, use a damp (not wet) cloth, followed immediately with a dry, soft, clean cloth to buff.
- As wood is a natural product, all timber can be affected by the environment of installation. The material will absorb or release moisture, depending on the season and environment that it is placed in. Therefore, we recommend that goods are only installed once they have been suitably acclimatised so that the timber can find its equilibrium moisture content.
- Wood, being a natural product, will change colour when exposed to natural light, dependent on the intensity of the exposure and the species in question. Please bear this in mind when ordering additional products at a later date.
For a more in-depth guide and some top tips for cleaning your kitchen units, visit our 'How to Clean Solid Oak Kitchen Cabinets' information guide.