“How do I adjust the hinges on my solid oak kitchen cabinets?” Question of the Week 21.08.16
“How do I adjust the hinges on my solid oak kitchen cabinets?”
Simon in Ripon contacted us this week for advice on how to adjust the hinges inside his kitchen units.
“I’ve had my kitchen cabinets for a number of years, and I’ve recently noticed that a couple of the cabinet frontals are slightly misaligned. I think they may have become slightly loose with lots of use – how do I adjust the hinges to make my doors line up correctly?”
Thank you for getting in touch! We only use high-quality Blum™ Blumotion™ hinges on our solid oak kitchen cabinets, ensuring quiet and effortless opening and closing thanks to the soft-close mechanism. These hinges can be easily adjusted by following just a few simple steps.
Releasing the hinges
- Our hinges come with a quick-release clip to the rear.
- Press the metal clip and lift the hinge arm away from the plate.
- Ensure all the screws are fastened tightly and have not come loose.
- Fix the hinge back into the plate, so that you can adjust it to the perfect height.
Adjusting the hinges
- To move the door up or down, use a screwdriver to turn the screw in the centre of the hinge.
- To move the door forwards or backwards, turn the screw at the back of the hinge.
- To move the door left or right, turn the screw at the front of the hinge arm.
- Adjust these screws a little until your door hangs perfectly!
To seek further advice about adjusting hinges or any other aspect of your solid oak kitchen cabinets, please feel free to visit one of our kitchen showrooms. You can find us in a number of locations around the UK, including our flagship showroom in Quedgeley, Gloucestershire. Alternatively, please telephone us on 0345 22 22 990 or send an email to .
The Team @ Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Do you have a question that you would like us to answer? Ask us now on , or send us a message.