Choosing and Installing Full Height Cabinets for Oak Kitchens
At Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets we know that creating oak kitchens that effectively use every square centimetre of your kitchen’s available space is incredibly important, and unless you employ and expensive kitchen fitter to build a bespoke kitchen to your requirements it can be difficult to find cabinets that maximise your kitchen’s potential.
Fortunately, our incredibly extensive range of oak kitchen cabinets allows anyone to easily create a quality hardwood kitchen that fits perfectly, without the expense of bespoke fixtures.
Choose the right full height configuration
Available in two heights – 1965mm and 2145mm – and a range of widths from 300mm up to 600mm, these solid oak tall cabinets can fit into many diverse spaces, and can become the perfect kitchen larder, a housing for single or double ovens and much more besides.
No matter what kind of storage possibilities you want, full height cabinets offer the space and versatility to cater for your needs. Here are some configuration suggestions to give your kitchen exactly what it requires to suit your home and family desires:
- Want to keep your cooking at eye-height? Consider a single or double oven configuration with drawers or cupboards for additional storage.
- Give your kitchen the larder you’ve always dreamed of, with plenty of access to any of your food by installing one of our soft-close larder solutions.
- Want more food storage? Our Pull & Swing Pantry wirework automatically extends from a full height cabinet when you open the door, and can be combined with door-mounted spice racks for even more storage space!
- Lacking a utility room? Choose one or two large cabinet doors to provide ample space for cleaning equipment such as vacuums, brushes or mops.
- Simply looking for bags of storage? Choose your own combination of doors, shelves and drawers to provide the perfect solution.
Whatever your requirement, our solid oak full height cabinets can be ordered with or without Shaker or Traditional frontals, which can be pre-painted in any Farrow & Ball colour of your choosing; lacquered for a hard-wearing finish that exposes the beauty of our European oak; or left sanded for you to finish in a style of your choosing.
Whichever height you choose, these tall cabinets are provided with two solid oak shelves, though additional shelves can be purchased in packs of two from our cabinet installation accessories page.
Full height cabinet installation
Installing full height cabinets is a relatively straight forward procedure, and can be completed with limited DIY knowhow and a basic selection of tools.
We provide a detailed cabinet assembly instructions on our website which fully explain the procedure of building, joining or fixing cabinets to a wall for both of the full height cabinets we offer; these instructions can also be downloaded as a PDF, for easy printing – should you require.
For accurate installation you will require the following tools & equipment:
- A cross-head screwdriver.
- A hammer.
- A drill with a variety of drill bits.
- Protective eye / hand wear.
Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets offers a variety of unique solid oak cabinets and matching frontals as well as a range of hardwood worktops to create your own special kitchen. If you are looking for inspiration, then why not visit one of our kitchen showrooms, each of which has an assortment of our cabinets on display in professionally designed demonstration kitchens.