How To Install Wicker Baskets in Solid Wood Kitchens
Our wonderful wicker storage baskets are excellent additions to all solid wood kitchens. With hand-woven basketry and smooth solid oak surrounds, these make for both high-quality storage solutions and attractive kitchen accessories.
Wicker baskets are easy to install and, best of all, require no specialist tools! Each kit contains two baskets, four pre-drilled wooden runners, and 16 screws. Here’s our guide for quick and simple installation within a cabinet of standard 720mm height:
- First, you will need to drill pilot holes in each side of your cabinet carcass. Measure 210mm from the base of the cabinet to identify the height of the lower set of runners, and mark this position on the left and right cabinet sides with a pencil, and on the front and back, to help ensure your markings are all aligned.
- Next, repeat by measuring 540mm from the base, to mark where the upper set of runners will be positioned.
- Now you have the measured heights for your pilot holes. At each level on both sides of the cabinet, measure 128mm back from the front of the cabinet and mark this point with a pencil. We recommend making these marks on the cabinet’s exterior, as this will make it easier to drill straight pilot holes. We also advise using a spirit level to ensure that these holes are drilled perfectly horizontally.
- The four holes for each runner will need to be evenly spaced by 128mm, so continue using a pencil, tape measure and spirit level to mark where each hole will be, and then drill the holes with a 3mm bit.
- Once the pilot holes are in place, it’s easy to drill in each runner with the screws provided.
- Place the wicker baskets on the runners and you are ready to go!
If you require any additional guidance for installing your wicker baskets, please don’t hesitate to contact our knowledgeable Solid Wood Kitchen Cabinets team on 0345 22 22 990, or by emailing .